Friday, January 26, 2007

I dont like cheap.......

I have rediscovered my love for clinique products.

I used to be dead set against them. I was convinced that they were the same products that i could get at any store, just over priced. And being the incredible penny pincher that i am, i wasnt going to pay $12 for some lip gloss that i could get at walmart for $3. But then i started working at the club, and being in a smoke filled room for 8 hours a day really took it's toll on my skin. I was even using cocoa butter twice a day as body lotion. So after some persuasion from my bf Tiff, i bought my first 'real' beauty products. It was just the makeup at first. Totally loved them. My skin looked healthier and clearer. I have HUGE ass pores, and i hadnt been able to find a base that would make them look smaller, but clinique has this base for active wear that worked wonderfully. Then my boyfriend at the time decided to indulge me and bought me all the skin care products. I was hooked.

Flash forward to 2 years later, one car wreck, and a major paycut, and i was back to dove soap and oil of olay. Not that i find anything wrong with it. The thrift meiser in me still says it's better. So i used that for 3 years. Then this christmas i got a gift card to Dillards and thought what the heck. I bought the level 4 soap, and the level 4 gel. I have now been using them for a week and a half and like a dozen people have commented on how great my skin looks. Did i get a tan? Why do i look so happy? Did i loose weight? (my favorite question) Just from switching soap and lotion. Okay, i conceed. $40 every 3-4 months, i think i can do that. Just hard to do since that's my lunch budget for one month. Pretty soon i'm going to be using a whole dryer fabric sheet instead of cutting it in half.

1 comment:

Councel Kamran said...

Cheap is always cheap. We don't get any good service from a cheap thing. So we should not always go for a cheap thing.

Cold Sore Freedom In 3 Days