Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I'm a blond(e)

Okay so i just read the title and realized that blonde is spelled with a 'e'. I actually looked up the word on google and it's about 50-50 on how it's spelled. So i guess it just depends on who's doing the spelling. And man oh man have i been a blonde lately. My boss has been out of town for the past two days, which meant that i could work from home. Which i totally loved. Oh the freedom! I could definately get used to this. It worked out great too cuz on monday Tony moved in with us. We knew it was going to happen eventually, just not as quick and panicked as it did. It's nice to have him here, altho it feels wierd to have a 19 yr old step son. I mean, i'm only 13 years older than him. In fact we were out for lunch today, just the two of us, and several people thought he was my boyfriend! Either i'm a dirty ole woman or he looks older than 19. Wait, that means i look younger than 32. Okay, i can deal with that. But he doesnt have a car which means that i have to drive him all the way across town to work at 5 in the morning. He actually bought a car, thinking it just needed a clutch cable, but as soon as they installed it the motor froze. Total junk. So hopefully we'll get something soon. But while he was installing his clutch cable i took my car to get the oil changed. We left tony and my car there and Vinnie and I went out for lunch with one of his bosses (another advantage of working from home, I can go out for lunch!). When we got back to the shop, my car was done. I left Vinnie and Tony inside discussing what to do with his p.o.s and went out the front door. I started the car, started fine, put it in reverse and hit the gas. Nothing. Wouldnt budge. Okay what the heck. So I floored it and got it to roll a tad bit down the drive. I put it in drive and floored it. Nothing. I could hardly turn the steering wheel. Okay like this is what i need. So i turn the engine off and go get Travis, Vinnie's friend who does all of my car stuff (oil change cost me $2 and two batches of cookies.) He was like what did you do now? Okay so why does it have to be my fault. I follow him out to the car and it hit me. The dumbass mechanic put the emergency brake on. DUH! I NEVER put the emergency brake on so i didnt even THINK to check that. Travis leaned under and pulled the lever and low and behold i could move! Okay, blonde moment for the week, check. And i only got teased about it for about 2 hours, which considering how truly blonde it was, isnt bad.

No comments: